IIT JAM / IIT JAM 2018 Application Form / IIT JAM Notification / Exam Date / Admit Card / Eligibility / Exam Pattern / Apply Online for the IIT JAM 2018 at the official website – iit.ac.in
IIT JAM 2018 Application Form
- 1 IIT JAM 2018 Application Form
- 2 IIT JAM 2018-2019
- 3 IIT JAM 2018-2019 Important Dates
- 4 IIT JAM 2018-2019 Eligibility Criteria
- 5 IIT JAM 2018-2019 Application Fees
- 6 IIT JAM 2018-2019 Exam Pattern
- 7 IIT JAM 2018-2019 Admit Card
- 8 IIT JAM 2018-2019 Result
- 9 IIT JAM 2018-2019 Counselling
- 10 How to fill IIT JAM 2018 Application Form
IIT issued a new notification on their official website in which they are going to conduct the Joint Admission Test (JAM) for the admission of the candidates into the M.Sc courses. IIT JAM is a national level entrance exam and it is a gateway in which the candidate can take admission into Joint M.Sc.-Ph.D., M.Sc.-M.Tech., M.Sc.-Ph.D. Dual Degree and other courses. Candidates who are looking the admission in the M.Sc courses can apply online for the IIT JAM. Candidates can apply for the IIT JAM 2018 on the official website. Candidates have to fill the application form according to the eligibility criteria. In this article, we provide all the details regarding the IIT JAM 2018 like eligibility criteria, application fees, exam pattern etc.
IIT JAM 2018-2019
Joint Admission Test (JAM) is going to conduct by the IIT for the academic session of 2018-19. Every year IIT and IISc conducted this exam rotational basis and a large no. of candidates appeared in the exam. Those candidates who will qualify the JAM will get the admission in the top reputed colleges and institutions like IITs & IISc. Candidates can apply for the IIT JAM 2018. Candidates can fill the application form without doing any kind of mistake. The application form will be out very soon and interested candidates can fill the application form before the last date of submission.
IIT JAM 2018-2019 Important Dates
|Name of the Events||Important Dates|
|Starting Date of Application Form||In the first week of September 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Form||In the second week of October 2017|
|Last Date of Submission of Application Fees||In the second week of October 2017|
|Admit Card Issue Date||In the second week of January 2018|
|Mock Test Date||February 2018|
|IIT JAM 2018 Date||In the second week of February 2018|
|Result Date||In the last week of March 2018|
|Starting Date for Submission of Admission Form||From second week to fourth week of April 2018|
|Last Date for Correction in Category||In the second week of May 2018|
|Date of Release of First Admission List||In the first week of June 2018|
|Date of Release of Second Admission List||In the third week of June 2018|
|Date of Release of Third Admission List||In the first week of July 2018|
|Last Date for Admissions||In the second week of July 2018|
IIT JAM 2018-2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidate should be an Indian
- Foreign Candidates are also eligible to apply.
- Candidate must have a bachelor degree in any discipline from any recognized university or institute.
- Candidate must have at least 55% marks in total in graduation and 50% marks in total for those candidates who belong to SC, ST and PwD categories.
- Candidate who are in the final year of graduation are also eligible to apply.
IIT JAM 2018-2019 Application Fees
Candidates can make the payment of the application form through online mode. Candidates can make the payment by the debit card, credit card or by net banking. The details of the application fees are given below:
Application Fees for One Paper:
- Application Fees for the General and OBC Category’s Candidates is Rs.1500
- Application Fees for the ST, SC Category’s and Female Candidates is Rs.750
Application Fees for Two Paper:
- Application Fees for the General and OBC Category’s Candidates is Rs.2100
- Application Fees for the ST, SC Category’s and Female Candidates is Rs.1050
IIT JAM 2018-2019 Exam Pattern
- This will be a computer based exam.
- There will be total 60 questions.
- The exam will be of 100 marks.
- The duration of the exam will be of 3 Hours.
- There will be no negative marking only for Section B and Section C
- The questions will be asked in English language.
- There will be three sections in this exam
There will be 30 Multiple Choice Questions. Each question is one or two marks.
There will be 10 Multiple Selective Questions. It is kind of a Multiple Choice Question but there is a small difference in this question because in this type of questions candidates have to select all the right choice out of the four, means there will be two or three options are correct for the one question.
There will be 20 Numerical Answer Type Questions (NAT). Candidate have to give the answer by using the virtual numeric keypad. Candidate have to solve the question and give the answer by using virtual numeric keypad.
IIT JAM 2018-2019 Admit Card
Admit card will only be released on the official website. Candidates have to download the admit card from the official website because admit card will not be sent by the post. Admit card contains the details like
- Name of the Candidate
- Registration Number
- Code of Test Paper
- Date, Time and Venue of the Examination
- Roll No. etc.
No candidate will be allowed without the admit card at the examination hall. Candidates are informed that the admit card will be released on the official website very soon.
IIT JAM 2018-2019 Result
Candidates are informed that the result will be released very soon on the official website. Candidates can check their results only on the official website. Candidates can check the result by entering required details. The result will be released very soon on the official website.
IIT JAM 2018-2019 Counselling
The counselling will be conducted by the higher authorities. The admission of the candidates will be on the basis of the merit list. Candidates have to bring all the original documents at the counselling. Those candidates who will qualify the JAM 2018 will be called for the counselling.
How to fill IIT JAM 2018 Application Form
- Candidates have to go to the official website of the IIT i.e. iit.ac.in
- Login into your account or create a new one
- Choose JAM 2018 Application Form
- Fill all the details into the application form and upload all the required documents which are asked by the page
- Click on the submit button
- Pay the application fees
- Save the application form.