Entrance Exam Info

HORTICET 2017 Application Form Notification/Exam Date

HORTICET 2017 Application Form

This exam is conducted by Dr. YSR Horticultural University. It is conducted for admission to B.Sc. Hons. Horticulture Courses. Any notifications about the HORTICET exam are expected to be published in June 2017.
Dr. YSR Horticultural University was established by government of Andhra Pradesh in the year 2007. It is the second horticultural university in the country which also makes it quite a valuable one.The university runs on the land grant pattern followed in USA.Manpower and technology development through education and research has to be in accordance with the present day need; both qualitatively and quantitatively. Present day demand influenced by the development in the recent past such as nutritional security, food safety, environment safety, commercialization and globalization of horticulture and avoiding huge post-harvest losses have to be met through manpower and technology development.

HORTICET 2017 Expectations

Last year there were only a 20 seats for B.Sc. Hons. Horticultural Courses and this number is definitely expected to go up this year. The competition is real neck to neck here and it is indeed a great achievement to get graduated from here.

Important Dates for HORTICET 2017

-Notification and Application Form: Mid of June 2017
-Application Form submission Last date: Mid of July 2017
-Availability of admit card: Last week of July 2017
-Entrance Exam Date: : First week of August 2017
-Result Declaration: Mid of August 2017

Eligibility Criteria

-Education: A pass in Diploma in Horticulture course from Dr. YSRHU of Andhra Pradesh Only.
-Age Limit: The candidate should be at least of 17 years in age and a maximum of 22 years in age. 3 years relaxation has been given to SC/ST candidate and 5 years relaxation has beengiven to physically challenged.

HORTICET 2017 Result

The candidates in merit will be declared in the result which will be expected to come in the Midst of August 2017.
The candidates in merit will definitely be in advantage and have more chances to win over one of the seats.

Rank List:
Dr.YSRHU will also announce the rank list of candidates. Candidates who have appeared in the exam can check their ranks by downloading the list from the official website of Dr.YSRHU.
The total no. of seats alloted to diploma holders is 20 this year but this number is definitely expected to take a rise.

In accordance to the rules specified by the Andhra Pradesh government, the seats will be alloted in a ratio of 85% to 15%.
85% being the number for the candidates belonging to the same state and the rest of the 15% is the number for the candidates who are non residents of Andhra Pradesh.

HORTICET 2017 Syllabus:
The syllabus isn’t very vast. Everything that is covered in the 2 year diploma is the main syllabus for this examination.